WHAT CAN BE SUBMITTED
We encourage abstract submissions for research, service, and educational projects that are either Flint-focused or comparative (i.e. Flint compared to other cities). The abstracts can focus on topics including health, the environment, infrastructure, and education, and can contain various levels of community engagement. We’re also looking for photovoice projects and other nontraditional methods for showcasing work at a research conference.
Abstracts should be no more than 300 words. Two formats are accepted for abstracts. A structured abstract format should include background methods, results, and conclusions. Alternatively, abstract format can include issues, description, lessons learned and recommendations. Please do not include figures, tables, or bibliographies. The submissions should include a title, list of authors/presenters, and affiliations. When submitting abstracts, users will be asked to select from the following presentation formats:
- Poster only (if you ONLY want to be considered for a poster presentation)
- Oral only (if you ONLY want to be considered for an oral presentation)
- Both, poster and oral (your abstract will be considered for both a poster and oral presentation but only chosen for one if selected).
- Photovoice (allows presenters the opportunity to showcase a photographic series connected to Flint.
- Abstract submissions (Extended deadline): Monday, January 21, 2019 at 5:00 PM
- Acceptance notifications sent via email by: Friday, January 18, 2019, 7:00 PM (for poster only submissions). All other notifications will be sent the last week of January.
- Symposium registration is open: register by clicking here
Multiple Submission Guidelines
Submit a new entry for each abstract. Contact information must be included for each submitted abstract; you will receive email notifications for each submitted abstract. Failure to include contact information will delay notifications of your abstract status.
Your Survey Responses
Once all of your abstract authors are entered, and you push the right arrow, a response summary, and link to download a PDF of your summary, will appear.
Questions regarding the HFRCC Research Symposium or the abstract submission process can be directed to the planning team at HFRCC.Symposium@umich.eduSUBMIT YOUR ABSTRACT